It amazes me why PPC budgets are still so high for some companies when they don’t even have an SEO budget. Here’s why…
- Return on investment from SEO continues to rise long after PPC has peaked. PPC is a once off. SEO can last for years.
- PPC has instant results (chopping wood) and will generate visitors at a site’s startup
- 80% of web searchers trust SEO results more than PPC results
- PPC use declined 60% between 2007 and 2010. Crazy huh?
- Only 50% of people are aware of the difference between organic and paid search results. My grandpa is still struggling with the difference between a search engine and a browser. Ads are the least of his worries.
People enjoy chopping wood. In this activity, they see instant results – Albert Einstein